School Community Council (SCC)
Overview of the Duties of the School Community Council
The School Community Council (SCC) is a shared governance council formed by the parents and staff of Clayton Middle School in accordance with state law. The SCC was established in 1974 by the Salt Lake School Board, which has empowered each SCC to make decisions regarding their school as a cooperative means of improving the educational programs and conditions within that school. Its membership should represent school employees and parents or guardians of students. Ideas for discussion topics may be generated by any individual or group in the school community.
Decisions and responsibilities allocated to the SCC by Utah state statute include the following:
- Develop a School Improvement Plan (SIP).
- Develop the School LAND Trust Plan. Click the link and select our school to receive a report for the current plan.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a school professional development plan.
- Develop and implement a child access routing plan (safe walking routes to and from school). SNAP
- Advise and make recommendations to school and school district administrators and the local school board regarding the school and its programs, school district programs, and other issues relating to the community environment for students.
- Develop a reading achievement plan.
The School Community Council meets in the Conference Room once per month every third Thursday at 7:30 am. SCC is an open meeting.
2021-2022 School Community Council Members
|Aimee Burrows||Vice Chairemail@example.com|
|Kalleen Wright||PTA Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Marcy Jenkins||School/Community Liaisonemail@example.com|
|Kristy Runyan||SIC Representativefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Anena Gardner||Counselor Representativeemail@example.com|
|Nanette Kearl||Teacher Representative||nanette.Kearl@slcschools.org|
|Jonathan Lerwill||Community Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Amanda Funai||Community Memberemail@example.com|
|Caroline Moreno||Community Member|
|Cameron Honarvar||Community Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Adrian Bancroft||Assistant Principalemail@example.com|