School Community Council (SCC)
Overview of the Duties of the School Community Council
The School Community Council (SCC) is a shared governance council formed by the parents and staff of Clayton Middle School in accordance with state law. The SCC was established in 1974 by the Salt Lake School Board, which has empowered each SCC to make decisions regarding their school as a cooperative means of improving the educational programs and conditions within that school. Its membership should represent school employees and parents or guardians of students. Ideas for discussion topics may be generated by any individual or group in the school community.
Decisions and responsibilities allocated to the SCC by Utah state statute include the following:
- Develop a School Improvement Plan (SIP). Click on the "Student Success Plan" link to the right to view the current plan.
- Each year, the school receives Approximately $90,000 from the school LAND Trust. The SCC helps to develop a plan to utilize these funds to directly benefit students. Click on the "Student Success Plan" link to the right to view the current plan.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a school professional development plan.
- Develop and implement a child access routing plan (safe walking routes to and from school). SNAP
- Advise and make recommendations to school and school district administrators and the local school board regarding the school and its programs, school district programs, and other issues relating to the community environment for students.
- Develop a reading achievement plan.
The School Community Council meets over Zoom once per month every first Thursday at 7:00 am. All community members are invited to attend. The Zoom link can be found in the calendar below and will be emailed out the community a few days before each meeting.
If you would like to become a member of Clayton's School Community Council, please reach out to the current SCC chair. Thank you!
2022-2023 School Community Council Members
|Jennifer Frahm||Community Memberemail@example.com|
|Aimee Burrows||Community Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bobbi Bengas||Community Memberemail@example.com|
|Cori Pugsley||Community Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Heather Miller||Community Memberemail@example.com|
|Cameron Honarvar||Community Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sarah Bateman||PTA Co-Presidentemail@example.com|
|Emily Waltman||PTA Co-President|
|Heather Hayes||PTA Co-Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lauren Rigby||PTA Co-Presidentemail@example.com|
|Gina Williams||Counselor Representativefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nanette Kearl||Teacher Representative||nanette.Kearl@slcschools.org|
|Anna Christiansen||SIC Representativeemail@example.com|
|Marcy Jenkins||Classified Representativefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cristyna Ramos||Family Collaborationemail@example.com|
|Adrian Bancroft||Assistant Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org|