Willy Wonka Audition Information
Congratulations to all of our talented cast! We are over the moon with your auditions, dependability, and how well you encouraged one another during the auditions. This was truly a turnkey year for me. I saw most of you deliberately helping others do better in their audition. What a paycheck to have that unfold before our eyes. I have seen many auditions, and this year was exemplary. This year's musical has many opportunities to expand your performance experience and use what we saw in your auditions to their fullest. If you search the internet, finding another Willy Wonka musical that could demonstrate how you will be seen, heard, and understood on stage will be difficult. But we promise you will love the time we have together getting to the level of performance we can envision.
A big thank you to our amazing parents, community, and school admin for their stellar support. And the biggest thanks to the parents who helped with auditions, Caitlin Galt, Emerson Lee, Amy Furstenau, Brena Heller, Catalina De La Torre, Tara Wiesley, Starlyn Moffitt, Lindsay Hola, Heather Lamb, Liz Baucom, Stacey Hirata, Shannon Coates, Emily Waltman, Lindsey Monson, Amanda Esko, and Owen Prettyman. Not to mention our amazing photo team Jenny Hobbs, Anna Marie Roberts, Rebecca Sandulli, Adi Rachelson, Emily Scalley, Jody Peterson, Sarah Eyring, and Todd Marcus, all headed up by Sara Bateman.
Please let us know if your student did not get a headshot photo at their audition. The biographies and sweatshirts are posted and passed out when we return from Winter Break, and we want everyone included.
There will be costume fittings for 7th grade Chorus roles and for 8th grade The Golden Age of Chocolate before leaving for Winter Break. Watch for an email about this.
Here are some important points to take note of:
1. We leave for Winter Break on Wednesday, December 20, and return to school on January 4th.
Rehearsals begin January 4th for our cast at large, and an email telling you your schedule for your specific role(s) is forthcoming.
2. We already have your student's sweatshirt size. Sweatshirts are passed out in the latter half of January. Every student's name is included on the back of the sweatshirt.
3. You will receive a weekly email with information about the play, usually on Sunday night. If you need additional email addresses added to our list, you can reply and list the email address to send info to.
4. Everyone has been added to Remind Text. If you have blocked Remind Text school messages in the past you will not receive text announcements. You must unblock them and request to join if you want them now. I do not give out class codes to join our groups.
5. You may have heard we are contacting a few future Elementary students to join our big production number, Candyman. We are now fully cast. Thank you to all.
6. Many of you have been fitted for costumes for some of our scenes. More costume work and fittings will happen in December now that we have more samples of costumes arriving. Thank you to those who have selected "costume help" to support our production. There will be a costume meeting where you can volunteer in your student's group. That email is forthcoming.
Here is a Signup Genius to sign up to work with costumes.
I am looking for those who want to help check in the students and/or help with weekly rehearsals and cue the show. You will help students memorize lines and lyrics in January rehearsals, and help our 7th grade ensembles know when their entrances and exits are during our February weekly rehearsals.
Here is the SignUp Genius to help with Weekly Check-in rehearsals.
This category is an active role that puts on our show. You will be at our closed-door Dress Rehearsals and wear a lanyard for backstage access during the run of Willy Wonka.
(The Green Room is closed to walk-up volunteers. To gain access, you must sign up with SignUp Genius in advance.)
Here is the music. Everyone Listen to the tracks. It helps me cut down rehearsal time.
Songs with accompaniment music only for you to sing on your own
Songs with lyrics in the video so you can read and sing at the same time
Songs with guide vocals and to sing along with
Here is the music. Please start listening and becoming very familiar with your music.
Vocal Group, you will get an email about your schedule and a copy of the libretto in a week.
Lead Roles, we have a read on Tuesday, November 27th, and Wednesday. Nov. 28th, 2:30-3:30. You will get your scripts and a helpful worksheet.