Clayton Virtual Program
Clayton Virtual Middle School Program
Clayton Middle School is excited to announce that we will be the home of the virtual program for online students for the 2022-2023 school year. Online middle school students can enroll for the next school year beginning April 4th, 2022. Students will have access to a basic middle school program that includes:
A full year of
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
A half year of
- CCA/Digital Studies (8th grade)
- Art (7th or 8th grade)
- PE (7th or 8th grade)
- Health (7th grade)
*As the virtual school grows, more electives will be offered.
The online middle school program will be a synchronous schedule with live instruction and increased time with teachers. Students will follow the same bell schedule as Clayton and use Canvas as a platform for learning and submitting assignments. As needed, Clayton will provide students with the devices and access to internet services
Students enrolled in the virtual middle school program will be part of the Clayton Cougar Community. Direct contact with students and families, including support for students with IEPs or 504s, will be more efficient as all resources will be at one site. Students will have access to a school counselor, announcements, activities and after school events.
Below are some frequently asked questions about our program:
- Can a student take some classes online and some in person? NO
- Can classes be substituted for classes listed on the program description? NO
- Can a student move back to their neighborhood school during the year? YES
- Can a student participate in afterschool events, such as dances, at the school? YES
- Can a student participate in classes such as theater, music, etc., in person at the school? NO
- What if a student is not participating online? The school will intervene. If there is no change, after 10 days the student will be returned to their in-person neighborhood school (or district).