Courses & Registration
2022-2023 Course Catalog--English
2022-2023 Course Catalog--Spanish
2022-2023 Course selection card--7th grade
2022-2023 Course Selection card--8th grade
2022-23 Elective Class Introduction YouTube Video
IMPORTANT AUGUST DATES FOR THE 2022-23 ACADEMIC YEAR
- August 2, 2022: Online registration opens
- Go to clayton.slcschools.org
- Wednesday, August 17, 2022: 9:00 am to 2:00 pm IN-PERSON Registration
- Thursday, August 18, 2022: 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm IN-PERSON Registration
- Bring Birth Certificate, Proof of Residency & Current Immunizations
- Information about busing, student schedule, and lockers will be provided at that time.
- Monday, August 29, 2022: 7th Grade Orientation/1st Day of School 8:30 am to 11:20 am
- Students will attend their classes and learn how to use lockers. Lunch served.
*If your student is new to the area or is transferring from another school please call 801-481-4810 to make an enrollment appointment. We cannot guarantee to enroll walk-ins without prior notice.
Incoming 7th Grade Students Living Within Clayton Middle School Boundaries
- January/February: Follow the course selection process at your student’s elementary school. If your student lives in our boundaries, once they complete selecting courses, they will be considered “pre-registered”.
If you do not live in our boundaries, but your student attends one of our feeder schools and would like to attend Clayton please complete an Open Enrollment application (available online by clicking here). Be sure to know whether or not your student has been accepted (letters will be mailed home) before proceeding to the following steps. Once you receive confirmation your student has been accepted and they have completed course selection, they will then be considered “pre-registered”.
- July: Letters will be mailed home to our pre-registered students with further instructions to complete the online registration and attend In-Person Registration. If you haven’t received a letter by August, please call the office at 801-481-4810.
- August: In-Person Registration at Clayton.
2021-22 Immunization Requirements--English
2021-22 Immunization Requirements--Spanish
All incoming 7th graders MUST present an up-to-date record of immunizations at registration, a copy of student's birth certificate and two forms of proof of residency.
For children whose parents claim an exemption to immunization for medical, religious, or personal reasons, an appropriate Utah Department of Health Exemption form must be completed and presented.
Out of Boundary Students
Out of Boundary Students
2022-2023 school year may apply during the Open Enrollment period November 15th through the first Friday in February. Principals will notify parents of application status by March 31, 2022.
Open Enrollment Online Application
If your student is new to the area or is transferring from another school please call Ms. Kristi Runyan at 801-481-4810 to make an enrollment appointment. We cannot guarantee to enroll walk-ins without prior notice.
At your appointment you will need to present the following documents to register your student:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunizations–Required by law for a child entering school (an up-to-date record of all immunizations MUST BE PRESENTED at registration, and student MUST BE CURRENT). Please click here to see required immunizations.
*For children whose parents claim an exemption to immunization for medical, religious, or personal reasons, an appropriate Utah Department of Health Exemption form must be completed and presented to the child's school.
- Proof of residence--Please bring a copy of a mortgage/lease agreement or recent utility bill confirming your permanent residence.
- Withdrawal Form from the last school attended (transcripts or academic summary also accepted).
- We live in the boundaries and attend a feeder school, when does my current 6th grader begin 7th grade registration? Your 6th grader will begin the registration process in his 6th grade class when our counselors go to visit in February and help your student select classes. Your elementary school may have more information regarding the dates when our counselors will be dropping by.
- We live in the boundaries and attend a private school or a school that does not feed into Clayton, how do I enroll my 6th/7th grader for the coming school year? Please call the Registrar at 801-481-4810 who can help you set up a pre-registration appointment. These appointments usually take place February-May.
- We do not live in the boundaries, but DO attend a feeder school, what would my current 6th grade student do? First, be sure to complete the Open Enrollment application which is found online only by clicking here. Open Enrollment applications are available from November 15th through the first Friday in February. Second, please follow the class selection process in your student’s 6th grade class when our counselors go to visit. Your elementary school may have more information regarding the dates when our counselors will be dropping by,
- We do not live in the boundaries, nor does my current 6th /7th grade student attend a school within Clayton/District boundaries. How do we enroll at Clayton? Please call Mrs. Runyan at 801-481-4810 who can help you set up a pre-registration appointment. These appointments usually take place February-May.
- Who do I call to schedule an enrollment appointment? Call the Registrar at 801-481-4810.
- Who are the counselors and how can I contact them? For the 2021-22 school year, students with the last name beginning with the letters A-G, Mr. Catmull (email@example.com) will be the counselor; students with the last name beginning with the letters H-N, Anena Gardner (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be the counselor; and students with the last name beginning with O-Z, Mrs. Williams (email@example.com) will be the counselor. All counselors can be reached at their emails or by calling 801-481-4810.
- If it’s summertime and I have missed all the pre-registration steps, how do I enroll my student at Clayton? Please come to In-Person Registration which will be held during the second week of August. Check our website calendar for dates.